Serious Counsel For Sex Offense Allegations
Being charged with the commission of a sex offense can have devastating consequences for your family, career and freedom. Even those accused of, or facing investigation for, sex crimes can have their households shattered, their communities poisoned and their reputations irreparably damaged.
Such serious allegations must be met with serious, committed counsel. At The Law Office of Carl B. Jensen Jr., PLLC, I use my more than 20 years of criminal defense experience to assert the rights and defend the liberties of people accused of sexual offenses in Montana. By scrutinizing the details of your situation and building a legal strategy that fits your needs, I can act as your aggressive advocate during your time of uncertainty and apprehension.
Montana Sex Offenders Face Severe Penalties
The state of Montana imposes severe penalties for a variety of crimes it categorizes as sex offenses. The punishments for those convicted of a sex offense range from fines or probation to life sentences, and any sex offense conviction can result in jail or prison time.
Moreover, convicted sex offenders must register with Montana’s Sexual or Violent Offender Registry, which makes personal identification info – including the offender’s name, appearance, conviction and home address – publicly available via a simple internet search.
Montana’s Sexual or Violent Offender Registry includes those convicted of the following crimes, or of their equivalents as defined by another state, a tribal government, or the federal government:
- Aggravated kidnapping
- Aggravated promotion of prostitution of a child
- Incest, if the victim is under 18 years old and the offender is three or more years older than the victim, or if the victim is 12 years old or younger and the victim is at least 18 years old
- Indecent exposure, if the victim is under 18 years old and the offender is at least 18 years old, or on the third or subsequent offense
- Promotion of prostitution of a child
- Sexual abuse of children
- Sexual assault
- Sexual intercourse without consent
- Solicitation of a child prostitute
- Unlawful restraint, if the victim is less than 18 years old and the offender is not a parent of the victim
Failing to maintain an accurate registration with this database can result in substantial fines and further imprisonment.
Protect Yourself And Your Future
If you have been accused of a sex offense, you need proactive counsel who can protect your interests and your future. Do not attempt to navigate a criminal investigation – let alone negotiations or trial – without the guidance of a tested attorney. Call my firm, The Law Office of Carl B. Jensen Jr., PLLC, in Great Falls at 406-205-0320, or complete my online form to discuss your defense.